Monday, September 20, 2010

Black & White Layout for a Challenge.




"Family Memories"  Here is a layout using up some scrapbooking stash.  Scraps of paper, an old arrow chipboard that I covered with paper from an old dictionary.  I used the same dictionary to create the 3 homemade flowers, I used a punch to punch out the flowers, then I inserted a homemade flower in the center of the lower one and added a pearl.   It's hard to see the 3rd flower since I made it tight and small so it would fit in the center of another flower.   I used 2 flowers from my flower stash, a clear button, some thread, a piece of canvas sticky back that I cut in half.  I also used my Close To My Heart stamps to stamp around the edges, I inked one part of the Maya Road pom pom  ribbon w/ black stazon and left one small piece of my pom pom ribbon white.  I used a few of Martha Stewart pearls, a brad and a small tag that says, "Family Memories".  This is a picture of my brother, his wife & step-son, a "New Beginning"  for him, they just got married at
the time of this picture.  He became a husband and dad all in one day!  It was fun using up some "Unused" stash.  The Maya Road pom pom trim was the only new product I used.  I am giving this layout to my brother and his wife to frame & hang in their new place.



Challenges I entered this layout in:
1  Ginger Snap Creations  Punches (used for 3 flowers)
2  The Wild Flower Patch Stripes (paper)
3  Alota Rubber Stamps  Handmade Flowers (I made 3)
4  Simple doodles  Color me with Dots (polka dot paper, dot ribbon)
5  Practical Scrappers  Ribbon (used stazon to color white ribbon)
6  Scrappy Frogs challenge  Flower Power (home made flowers)
7  Robyn's fetish challenge blog  Keep It Simple
8  Stampin Sanity  One Layer Wonder (technically I did use only 1 layer of paper under the picture)
10  Belli challenge  B themed embellishments (button, black, brad)
 11  Scrappekammeret  2 different pattern papers & 1 text (paper & text on dictionary flowers)
12  Lexi"s creations  Use a photo
13  Alphabet Challenge Blog  U for unused stash (paper, flowers, clear button, chipboard)