Friday, November 19, 2010

EduBlog Awards 2010 Nominations

I'm so excited to be casting my virtual ballot for the Edublog Awards this year.  There are so many wonderful bloggers out there -from whom I learn so, so much. Honestly, it's tough to pick just one for each category, but, in my opinion, these folks represent the gold standard in each category.  Really.  If I had a dollar for each time I referenced or shared a link from one of these people, well.. you know the rest.  To sum up, they are definitely what I aspire to be if/when I grow up.  It is my pleasure to recognize them (in this small way) for helping me become better at what I do.  Both I, and my google reader, thank you! :)



Best individual blog: Gwyneth Jones:  The Daring Librarian
Best individual tweeter:  Shannon Miller
Best group blog:  Hanging Out In The Library
Best resource sharing blog: iLearn Technology
Most influential blog post: Doug Johnson:  Wishful Thinking Won't Save Librarians
Most influential tweet / series of tweets / tweet based discussion: #speakloudly
Best teacher blog:  Middle School Matrix
Best librarian / library blog: Buffy Hamilton/The Unquiet Librarian
Best educational wiki:  Joyce Valenza Workshop
Best educational webinar series:  TL Virtual Cafe
Best educational use of a social network: The Educators PLN
Lifetime achievement:  Doug Johnson - Blue Skunk Blog