Thursday, May 29, 2008

Skinny Models Out, Plus-Size Models In?

According to an ABC News Article, stick thin models might be on their way off the runway thanks to Whitney Thompson, the winner of cycle 10 of America's Next Top Model.

Whitney is a size 10, not "fat" by conventional standards. Actually, "she's slimmer than the 34 percent of Americans older than 20 who are obese." But, when Whitney is compared to the models that currently dominate the runways, shes big.

People are starting to have a newfound respect for the plus-size model because of Whitney. "I've stood there in the middle of an agency with everyone pointing at me and saying 'four more inches off the hips would be great,'" Thompson said. "I don't recommend any girl putting herself through that, but I did and I stand here unchanged, physically."

Roaman's believes that Whitney's attitude towards her body is one that all women should have.