Thursday, August 7, 2008

Plus Size Denim Anyone?

Even though we have long since past the days of "back to school" you can't help feeling like August is that time to fill in your wardrobe. And why not?? When August rolled around in my house it meant new jeans because last years boot cuts certainly were not going to work when this school year everyone was wearing bell bottoms. I think this jean shopping was my mother's worst nightmare because shopping for jeans meant an entire day at the mall trying on endless numbers of jeans in every store that carried them! And just for the record I was not being picky, well at least not that picky. The major source for this day long pilgrimage was that nothing fit. If my thighs were comfortable, there was a HUGE gap in my back waist - and no matter how young and taunt your skin is, a T strap is not Ok!

Still in my adulthood I have trouble with jean fit. No one ever seems to have the right sizes or proportions and they don't always explain the fit to begin with. I think a lot of people must share my feelings because recently I have seen a lot of companies come up with different fits and styles for their jeans. Roaman's is one of them. Check our their new Roaman's Denim Fit Guide.
They go over the sizes they offer, shapes and have a great little guide to show what all of their lingo means! Seriously, do you know the difference between cropped or capri jeans?? Yeah me either but good to know, Trivial Pursuit anyone?