Friday, May 22, 2009

Hello Summer!!

Awww…. Memorial Day is upon us. While officially this is a day of remembrance for lives lost serving our country, it is also the unofficial start of summer. This Monday in New York City public pools will open, people will break out their shorts and sandals, and beach resorts nearby will cross their fingers hoping for that big Memorial Day crowd.

Personally, I am staying in the city this weekend and Saturday my beach stop will be Central Park with a book. On Sunday, head to a 1st birthday party for a good friend’s daughter and Monday, do a little shopping. It’s time to put away my jeans and light sweaters and make way for capris, shorts, tanks and tees. With the all of the Memorial Day sales now is the time to shop!

At Roaman’s, the staff has created a special Tanks, Tees, Shorts and Capri's category where you can mix and match any two items and get the third free. Yes FREE! If you pair this with an unbeatable 30% off your entire order this weekend, you really can’t afford not to shop. I’m taking advantage myself and pick up a little something new. I have no excuse now to hold off on swimsuit shopping with that extra 30% off. Roaman's brand new Sidewire bra swimsuit will lift, shift, and flatter any shape and size. That is what I like to hear! AND as a bonus I can order and try it on in front of my mirror at home and not under those dressing room lights. I hate those lights!

Have a great Memorial Day weekend and take the time to remember the men and woman in our military and appreciate the extra day you have to spend with friends and family! A national moment of remembrance takes place at 3pm on Memorial Day and it is customary to fly the American Flag at half staff from dawn until noon.

How are you spending your weekend? Comment and let us know and remember whatever you plan to do be safe and enjoy your holiday from everyone here at Roaman’s!