Tuesday, October 13, 2009

My daughter doesn't like it! :(

I made this jacket for my daughter.  She is not keen.





She did like the skirt though...





She does have a sister who is three years younger who can inherit it, but I picked the colours for her.  My oldest has brown hair, pale skin and dark blue eyes.  I thought the colours would really suit her.  I don't think it will look as good on her younger sister who has olive skin and brown eyes.  (Yes, they do have the same father.  Genetics are funny.)





The pattern was by Oliver + S which is always fantastic.  The directions were clear and as usual, I learned a few things.  I sewed the jacket in a much heavier fabric than was recommended which worked out OK, but I think I'll follow the directions next time!  Also, I interfaced with plain old interfacing, which made the fabric very stiff and took away any stretch at all.  Meanwhile, the un-interfaced pieces remained soft and had a little give.  So I had some problems when matching up the pieces.  It's hard to find fusible, woven interfacing, but when I do bump across some, I plan to buy a couple of meters.  I think it would make all the difference.