Monday, June 22, 2009

Nice skirt, wrong size





I was so pleased with my Onion Drawstring Trousers that I launched straight into the Onion Skirt with Pleat Details (Onion 3032). I thought I could sew the same size skirt as trousers, big mistake. The trousers are designed to be roomy, so there is a lot of forgiveness in them. The skirt on the other hand looks horrible pulling across my hips. The pleat doesn't fold properly. Oh the shame! No more cookies for me. Meanwhile, I hope that it fits a friend of mine. And I hope she doesn't mind the bright yellow. The bright cotton duck on an aline skirt does have a Preppy, Northeastern USA vibe, circa the mid-1980s. So it's maybe not for everyone.


The pattern itself is very good. It went together easily, we're talking just a couple of hours, and looks very smart. I can't blame Onion that I have gained weight and don't want to face up to reality by measuring myself!