Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A Day in the Park Backpack Tote


Over at Oliver + S, they are running a special deal on their "A Day in the Park Backpack Tote." The pattern is on sale for half price and international shipping is only $2.50. I was able to buy the pattern, a pack with all the necessary hardware and have it shipped to me here in the UK for only $22. That is about £13.75. Well below the £18 limit that will trigger customs charges.

I've been wanting to try sewing a bag for some time. This one is particularly appealing because I've sewn other Oliver + S patterns and know that they are well thought out with clear instructions. This pattern is even described as a good second project for beginner sewers, so it must be easy. Also, the design sounds good. You can use it as a tote or a backpack. With two small girls, a backpack is much more convenient for me, if we are on the go in London.