Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Holiday Clothes


I just made my littlest daughter Oliver + S's Bubble Dress. I had some left over material from the project and was able to also make my eldest daughter a flouncy skirt. Everyone is pleased as punch including me.

There are a couple of good flouncy skirt tutorials over at House on the Hill and the Polka Dot Chair. If you sew a little, you probably don't actually need any directions, but it is always nice to take inspiration from other people.

The skirt was a simple thing, embellished with ric-rac and gingham binding tape.

The dress was not too difficult to sew, but it was not as easy as Oliver + S's Tea Party Dress. Attaching the skirt to the bodice and keeping the back, bodice placket looking nice was a challenge. In the end I just worked that bit together by hand.

My eldest daughter initially didn't want a Bubble Dress, but now that she sees her sister's, she says she likes the look of it. So it looks like I will have a second chance to master the placket!

Next on my list is a t-shirt for me, before summer is over!