Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Jumping on the Bandwagon



Everyone raves about Hotpatterns' Weekender Sunshine Top (HP1071). It's been around a few years now, and this is my first time trying to make it. It's very easy to sew. Though, I must admit that I referenced Off The Cuff's tutorial. The step by step pictures made it a snap.

Like most people, my body is not in perfect proportion. After two babies, even less so. My frame is several sizes smaller than my girth. :-(
So I went ahead and cut a size 12 pattern, which is what I should be according to my shoulders, center back length and underbust measurement. Since my waist is larger, I pinned the pattern about an inch away from the fold line. I figured that the extra material in the folds would allow for my waist and hips. It did. So that was a simple and pretty successful adjustment. Looking at the picture, I think I might have even added a little too much extra fabric. Next time, and I do plan to make this again in a couple more colours - it's so flattering and comfortable, I might just add a half an inch.