Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Which shopper are you?

Black Friday and Cyber Monday have come and gone but the shopping frenzy is still looming with aftermath satisfaction.

As an avid shopper, Black Friday is the one day that I actually stay away from stores because the idea of a mob of people all running to buy “the” sweater that may cost you your safety, just doesn’t seem appealing. Perhaps I would want to venture out if it wasn’t the day after Thanksgiving when all you want to do after a long, extravagant meal is sleep, but that, my friends is the classic catch. As faith would have it, this year I felt a hint of regret when I heard that some stores were giving away items for FREE- with a minimum purchase of course- but still FREE…can’t get any cheaper than that! So I applaud all those brave souls who did, indeed, venture out to grab that great deal that only comes around once a year.

For the rest of us, we feel that shopping online is the better option and thus why Cyber Monday is, quite frankly, one of the best days of the year! Think of all the hassle you save: the cold, the traffic jams, the long checkout lanes and yet the same, if not better, sales are promoted on the web. I enjoyed free shipping from all the sites I shopped from and enjoyed 50% off my highest priced item from our very own,
Roaman’s. By lunchtime, I had successfully shopped for half the people on my x-mas list.

But whether you are a Black Friday devotee or Cyber Monday guru, no one can deny the cheer that it stirs! So we ask…which shopping event did you enjoy the most? Post your comments today!
-Rose