Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Crafting


Potholder's for Grandma's
I actually do want to sew...it won't happen for some time to come, though.  We still have a full house, soon to get even fuller.  When things settle down in mid-January, we will be repainting the dining room aka my sewing room.  Sigh, patience is a virtue.


Meanwhile, here are some of the potholders I helped the children make for their Grandmas.  The top is a British style pot holder, while the lower one is a US style potholder.  Lest you think that US grandma was cheated with a smaller potholder, let me assure you she got two!  One was already wrapped.  Potholders seem to be good grandma gifts.  You need a new one each year, and they are a nice canvas for the kids drawing and writing.


I hope you have all had a Merry Christmas, or just a nice day off!