Friday, April 29, 2011

Lace

Kate Middleton waves as she arrives with her father Michael Middleton and her sister Philippa Middleton to the West Door of Westminster Abbey in London for her wedding to Britain's Prince William, on April 29, 2011.
Photo lifted from: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/photos-of-kate-middletons-wedding-dress/article2002002/
Who could argue with this?  So pretty.  It has an old fashioned, restrained, 1950s feel to me.  I hope it starts a trend away from trashy, too tight, too low, too much diamonte wedding dresses that seem to have been around for a while.

But, more to my mind, is lace!  I love the delicate lace on her arms and shoulders.  Ever since seeing Gertie's red chantilly dress, I have been thinking I would like a black lace cocktail dress.  Now, of course, I really want one.  But, on the other hand, I don't like to be obvious and to seem like I am referencing a royal wedding in a heavy handed way.  So, we'll have to see.  It's three hours to our street party and bbq.  Have fun guys!