Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Burda Trousers

I have never tried to sew any trousers aside from drawstring trousers.  I have lost over 20 lbs since September, and only have one pair of blue jeans that don't hang down in the crotch now.  I have some inexpensive cotton/poly twill in my stash, and the December 2009 issue of Burda style.  I am armed with the Reader's Digest Sewing Encyclopedia.  


I have nothing to lose by giving Pants 116 a try.  Maybe they will fit!  Maybe my bottom will magically fit Burda pants! (My only hope, since I really don't understand how to adjust the fit in pants.)  Maybe I will do a good job, and they will wearable.  At the very least I am bound to learn something and be a step closer to wearable, home-made trousers sometime in the future.


Meanwhile, I find their instructions for the bellows pockets rather confusing...