Monday, January 4, 2010

A Dress for My 2 Year Old

I was keen to start sewing for myself, but my daughters have muttered about needing dresses.  We usually don't buy them many dresses because the rest of the family gives them clothes around Christmas, especially little dresses.  This year the whole family gave them toys!  They are happy, but they also noticed that they need dresses.  So, here I go!


paper doll model




I am using the Oliver + S, Tea Party Sundress pattern.  For me, this is now a TNT pattern.  So I don't really mind sewing it.  I know it will go together quickly and turn out well.  Also, Oliver + S patterns are expensive, $16, and they are never on sale for 99 cents like the big 4 patterns, so getting a lot of use out of the pattern makes me feel that I am amortising my costs!  





This dress is designed for summertime, of course, but I think it will be fine layered under a long sleeved t-shirt.  Instead of lightweight quilting cotton, I have chosen a heavier, nubbier cotton from Lecien, which I think makes it more wintery.  I found the fabric at Quitlers Cloth online.