Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Gone to Costa Rica, see you again soon!

Arenal Lake From Mirador Lodge
Arenal Volcano seen from Monteverde National Park, picture lifted from http://www.arenal.net/photo-gallery.htm

I am off to my littlest sister's wedding early tomorrow morning.  I will miss my little girls tremendously and now wonder what I was thinking by deciding to go for 8 days!!!


I will also miss reading everyone's blogs.  At this point, I am pretty much addicted.  I would certainly get much more of my own sewing done, if I wasn't so busy nosing around to see what everyone else is working on!  I don't know if there is much in the way of fabric/tela shopping in Costa Rica these days or not.  When I was a kid 25 years ago, a lot of folks sewed their own clothes.  The place has changed dramatically since then, and now resembles Southern California.  At least, this is what I am told.  (I have never been further south than Santa Barbara in CA.)


Just a quick comment on my linen, drawstring trousers with the wonky pockets.  I took one pocket off in order to match it up with the other then and realised that I quite liked the trousers with one pocket.  I decided it looked rather jaunty in a good way.  So thanks to all of you who suggested that the asymmetry of the pockets was some how good or at least passable.  It definitely made me think I could get away with one pocket!