Thursday, June 17, 2010

I was serious about the Tote Bag.

The bag I have been using the last 5 years 


My nifty new, extra large tote bag.

Normally, I don't want to sew tote-bags and other crafty things.  As soon as I tried sewing myself proper clothes, that was it.  No more cute little bits and pieces, thank you very much!

However, I wanted the satisfaction of sewing up something easy and impossible to fail at.  Now that I've done it, I wonder why I didn't do this sooner.  This bag is a better size, prettier, and took a morning to knock out.  I've even had two compliments today on how nice and summery I look (I am wearing jeans, a white t-shirt and flip-flops, so I think the fancy tote-bag must be the reason.)

Considering, that I am dragging around a tote bag all the time with kid's snacks, goggles, towels, ballet shoes, etc., it makes sense to have a "luxury" tote-bag.  It will actually get more use and be seen more than anything else I'll sew.

Tomorrow, it's on to drawstring pants!