Thursday, June 24, 2010

Woops!

My intention had been to write saying that I had successfully completed my baggy, drawstring pants (an Onion pattern, no longer for sale with English translation) and was now ready to dip back into more interesting sewing.


Now that I have taken the picture, I can see that the pockets are not level.  Arrgh!  The pants' legs also look uneven, but they are in fact OK.  It must be the angle of the washing line.  The pockets however are off.  I am not sure how I miss marked them, but I did.  I'll get back to interesting sewing after I fix this little mistake!


Thinking about trousers, I want to comment on the Burda trousers I made this winter (12-2009-116).  I was pretty luke-warm about these trousers when I reviewed them.  And while I would still agree that they are not particularly new or exciting, I must admit that I wear them all the time.  They are hugely comfortable and perfectly suit my lifestyle.  I am not sure if it is the pattern or the material I used that make them so good.  I used a heavy, poly/cotton twill that I had in my stash.  At the time I thought I was buying 98% cotton/2% lycra and was disappointed when it came with a poly/cotton sticker on it.  As it turns out, this stuff is great for me.  It doesn't stain, and it doesn't need to be ironed.