Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Not Quite Right, Maybe too small?

This picture was taken by my six year old with my 3 year old running through it, but I think it is good enough for illustrative purposes.  


This is HP 1105, free at fabric.com.  I cut a 12 without giving it a second thought.  I am happy with HP's Weekender Sunshine top in a 12, and their Riveria Cardigan in a 12, so I was confident.  


Somehow, the top doesn't look like the picture.  It looks tight around the bosom, a novel experience for me!  The neck is more of an envelop than a cowl.  I think the main part of the shirt (not including the band) is plenty long enough, but it could be an inch or two wider to make, it looser so that the neckline would fall into more of a cowl.  Perhaps this is a good illustration of what Carolyn meant, when she wrote about ease.


I think, I can still use it as a layering piece this summer as a pop of colour underneath a jacket.