Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Simplicity 2579 Finished!

The finished dress:

From the side:

From the back:
(Oh dear am I pear shaped!)

My thoughts on this project are:


1. I am not as young as I was the last time I dressed up like this!  I am now a little self conscious about my back.  It's pale with lots of splotchy freckles (aka sun-damage).  It's a lot more rounded than it used to be, and I was surprised to see how far forward my shoulders were.  Making this dress was a somewhat un-welcomed reality check.  Oh well.  I suppose the facts of life apply to us all- me included!  :)


2. I tried my best to do a really good job on this dress.  And, over all, I think I succeeded. However, I should have considered where the print would fall when the seams came together.


3. The fabric is lush.  It feels luxurious, and the print is striking.  All that said, it might not be the most attractive option on somebody with my skin tones.  I think this would be particularly pretty on someone with olive or brown skin.  I am quite pale.