Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Back to Pants

Burda 3/2011-132

OK, I'll admit that this picture is not very informative.  When my 7 year old daughter gets home from school I'll ask her to take one from the font for me.  I've had these finished since Friday, but been waiting around for a picture.  

I consider these "stunt pants."  Just wearing them feels like pulling off a stunt!  They are generally comfortable.  Although, it is almost impossible to sit in them cross-legged on the floor, and they tend to rise up if you walk with long strides.  The pleat details, dropped crotch and elasticated ankles are all trendy details that I see on real people where I live, so I don't feel too silly wearing them.  That said, like so many other things, these probably look best on the young and the thin.  I think Gail's idea of making them up in washed silk is a good one.  They would be more flattering if they were more flow-y, and if you are making wild, flamboyant trousers, why not go all the way?

I am keen to move on and to try Burda's 5/2011-118.  They look easier to wear, easier to sew and would give me the chance to try welt pockets one more time armed with your good advice.
Burda 5/2011-118