Thursday, July 21, 2011

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...Burda 124-6/2011



Back to regular Sewing! This top was quick and easy to sew up. The binding didn't look quite like the pictures though. I may have misunderstood the instructions. I just sewed the binding on in the same way that I would finish a quilt. The binding was narrow and that meant that it all ended up turned under and none of the binding showed. This wasn't such a big deal, but I wish it looked more like picture.

My shoulders are averaged width and fairly square. I am pear shaped because my hips are so wide. So I thought this top would look pretty good. I am sorry not to have a picture with it on. The neckline is very wide, and the top is designed to slide off of one shoulder. On me it's sort of meh.

I think this top would look particularly flattering on a woman with broad shoulders or a fuller bust. I would recommend this pattern to any woman who feels that she is a little top heavy.