Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Girl with Curves: great new blog!

Sorry guys, still no finished sewing.  Little one's first day of school today!  Will get on track next week for sure.

Meanwhile, check out this relatively new blog I found:  Girl with Curves.  Basically, a pretty young woman posts photos of herself in her favourite outfits.  Genius!  Let's face it, her looks are still pretty aspirational for most of us, but it is great to see clothes on a fuller figure.  Some of us are very thin, but some of us aren't, and seeing the latest styles on a curvier figure is really helpful.

August 30th post.
I love the fact that she has wild curly hair and doesn't highlight or straighten it.  I love the fact that she has hips.  She glamorises a lot of what I have got to work with. 

I also like the fact that her ethnic background makes her an all American girl.  (Remember the 1970's when "all American" meant blond hair, blue eyes and freckles?  It wasn't really the norm then, and it isn't now.  I am not putting down blonds, I've just described a much loved sister, it's just that this does not describe most of us.)
Anyone rember the sunshine family from a 1970s childhood?

Now, if only BurdaStyle would get Tanesha to model for the plus sizes we'd be all set :-)