Saturday, September 10, 2011

Top 10 Tigerisms

WE’VE ALL HEARD THEM. And last month Golf Digest published them in a piece called “Our Favorite Tigerisms.” I’ve selected my favorites from Golf Digest’s favorites and turned them into a Top 10 list a la David Letterman.

Tiger Woods
10. “Stevie” (the ex-caddie).

9. “Getting stuck” (the swing flaw).

8. “Steiny” (the agent).

7. “My swing was more of a wipey swing, just kind of wiping it out there, so I wasn’t getting a full transfer of energy, so now I’m swinging easier.”

6. “It all depends on the pins.”

5. “I figure there is no point in going to a tournament if you don’t think you can win.”

4. “It’s right there in front of you.”

3. “#&!?@%!!!”

2. “It’s all part of the process.”

1. “It is what it is.”

Honorable Mention

“My start lines were good. They were nice and tight.”
“I’m hitting it so much more flush.”
“If I can’t control my ‘traj’ I can’t hit the ball the right distance.”
“Marko” (the friend).
“I hit a lot of beautiful putts.”

Did we miss any?

−The Armchair Golfer

(Photo: Courtesy of Keith Allison, Flickr, Creative Commons License)