Sunday, August 28, 2011

Long Island Hurricane Irene Live Blog


It started raining at 4. Fucking 16 hours in advance (I have not finished my gas tank (upper tank last night raised the boy, who was going to do mine this morning, argh).

According to a map site until very cold LIPA Storm Center, we have been power outages in Hempstead. Levittown, Long Beach and the North Fork.

The noise of the flood before getting up at 4 am and I can not sleep, so I thought I was gonna start a liveblog.

When my power outage, someone we're pretty sure it will, I will lose on the Internet. We expect to lose cell service if the wind is bad, no wind here, so far, since the repeaters are on the water tower on top of a hill and wait for it exposed to the beach.

Other than my half-full fuel tank, we have a pretty well-prepared, I have a couple of hundred dollars worth of batteries, flashlights and touch the lights, between all of us, we have three full laptops, tablet and 3 full for mobile phones, water, food, and I just made a big pot of coffee I thought that if the time comes to put the iced coffee here afterwards.

I am one of those things light book, so when the power goes out, I can use my time productively,> insist that the Book Salon headlines pile waiting for me to read. :-)

Update 08:00:

Regain my full tank of gas. The bad news is that at 7:30 this morning, there were lines at the rear of the stations and pause on the road.

The rain stopped just after putting the newspaper, but the air is so wet that the roads are not dry. It is very dark and gloomy light sensor lamps equipped stay.