Monday, September 27, 2010

Awards



Awe shucks Clio!  Clio from Clio and Phineas has given me two blog awards.  As Clio pointed out, both awards come with "rules and responsibilities". And, as Clio did and, Faye before her, I am going to bend the rules and just give five things about me.





1.  I started blogging because there was no one else to talk to about sewing.  My book group and baby group are really just not interested.  Everyone's feedback, advice and encouragement through the blog have made a real difference.  I'm learning more quickly and being inspired to try new things that I would never, never have considered if I were on my own.


2.  I met my husband while studying in Rotterdam.  Not many people would consider Rotterdam a romantic place, but we do!


3.  I had my second baby on the bathroom floor at home.  My local NHS hospital sent me home because I wasn't in labour!  My daughter was born 2 hours later.  It was actually a pretty OK experience, but now I know why the Inn Keeper made Mary give birth in a barn! lol.  What a mess.  Did I mention that my husband is a star?


4.  My oldest daughter has been Irish dancing for the last 9 months.  I don't want to be a pushy parent, but deep down I am hoping that she sticks with it so I can make her a fancy solo dress someday. 


5.  I keep looking on Ebay for high quality used sewing machines.  I had no idea that a used Bernina holds its value better than a used Mercedes Benz!


These awards have been going around for quite some time now, and they are not everyone's cup of tea.  So to take the pressure off, I am going to skip nominating anyone else.  I read and enjoy all the blogs on my blogroll, and I am amazed that some of them don't have wider readerships.  I think the best part of these awards is highlighting blogs that you might not have found otherwise.  But, I just can't choose from all the great blogs that I read.  I'd encourage anyone who wants to while away a pleasant few hours to have a troll through my blogroll for blogs that they may not already know.  You might find a few gems.