Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Recorder Case (or, a post to avoid if you aren't into kids, crafts, or cute!)

Recorder Case made from stash
My 6 year old is now having recorder lessons at school.  She is keen, but not very good at covering the holes completely (they all have such little hands!)  I have no musical ability or training whatsoever.  So, besides listening to her practice and telling her in a bright, cheery voice, "yes! that's better!", I can make her a recorder accessory.


This was a doddle to make and used up some odd bits in my stash.  I would have chosen brighter colours with more contrast to please myself, but I knew my daughter would love fairies.  I was right, she is delighted and proud.  What more could I ask for?


Making this reminded me how difficult it is to free motion quilt.  But it was also fun and gave me an itch to make another quilt.  Maybe one for the living room, to cuddle under while watching TV in the winter time.