Monday, September 20, 2010

Black & White Layout for a Challenge.




"Family Memories"  Here is a layout using up some scrapbooking stash.  Scraps of paper, an old arrow chipboard that I covered with paper from an old dictionary.  I used the same dictionary to create the 3 homemade flowers, I used a punch to punch out the flowers, then I inserted a homemade flower in the center of the lower one and added a pearl.   It's hard to see the 3rd flower since I made it tight and small so it would fit in the center of another flower.   I used 2 flowers from my flower stash, a clear button, some thread, a piece of canvas sticky back that I cut in half.  I also used my Close To My Heart stamps to stamp around the edges, I inked one part of the Maya Road pom pom  ribbon w/ black stazon and left one small piece of my pom pom ribbon white.  I used a few of Martha Stewart pearls, a brad and a small tag that says, "Family Memories".  This is a picture of my brother, his wife & step-son, a "New Beginning"  for him, they just got married at
the time of this picture.  He became a husband and dad all in one day!  It was fun using up some "Unused" stash.  The Maya Road pom pom trim was the only new product I used.  I am giving this layout to my brother and his wife to frame & hang in their new place.



Challenges I entered this layout in:
Ginger Snap Creations  Punches (used for 3 flowers)
The Wild Flower Patch Stripes (paper)
Alota Rubber Stamps  Handmade Flowers (I made 3)
Simple doodles  Color me with Dots (polka dot paper, dot ribbon)
Practical Scrappers  Ribbon (used stazon to color white ribbon)
Scrappy Frogs challenge  Flower Power (home made flowers)
Robyn's fetish challenge blog  Keep It Simple
Stampin Sanity  One Layer Wonder (technically I did use only 1 layer of paper under the picture)
10  Belli challenge  B themed embellishments (button, black, brad)
 11  Scrappekammeret  2 different pattern papers & 1 text (paper & text on dictionary flowers)
12  Lexi"s creations  Use a photo
13  Alphabet Challenge Blog  U for unused stash (paper, flowers, clear button, chipboard)